250 gm chicken pieces
2 onions, finely chopped
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tomato, chopped
1 green chilli, chopped
1 – 1 1/2 tsp pepper powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
1tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
puff pastry sheets, cut into 8 squares
1 beaten egg for brushing
- Cook the chicken pieces with 1/2-1 tsp pepper powder, 1/2 tsp chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and salt adding enough water. Shred the cooked chicken pieces and keep it aside.
- Thaw the puff pastry at room temperature.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the chopped onions adding little salt till transparent.
- Add chopped green chilli and ginger-garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add 1/2 tsp chilli powder, 1/4 tsp pepper powder, a pinch of turmeric powder and 1/4 tsp garam masala and saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Add chopped tomato to this and saute till soft.
- Then add shredded chicken and coriander leaves, mix well and cook on low flame for about 3-4 minutes. Remove it from the flame and keep it aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree celcius and grease a baking tray with oil.
- Roll out the thawed puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface and cut into squares.
- Take the puff pastry square and place little filling on one side of the pastry and cover it diagonally with the other side and press lightly on the sides using your fingers.
- Place all the folded puffs on a greased baking tray and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the puffs turns golden brown. Serve with tea..