10 slices of bread
250 gm boneless chicken pieces
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1 onion, finely chopped
1 small capsicum, finely chopped
1 green chilly, chopped
1 tsp chilli sauce
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1/2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp cornflour
2 eggs, beaten
bread crumbs as required
salt to taste
For Chicken Filling:
- Cook the chicken with turmeric powder, pepper powder and salt adding little water. Shred it or finely chop it and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan and add the chopped onion and little salt and saute well till light brown.
- Add chopped green chilli and chilli sauce and saute well.
- Add chopped capsicum, tomato sauce and soy sauce and mix well.
- Then add the shredded chicken pieces and mix well.
- In a bowl, mix 1 tsp cornflour in 2-3 tbsp chicken stock/ water. Add this to the filling and mix well for 1-2 minutes till it is well mixed with the chicken. Switch off the flame.
For Bread Pocket:
- Take 2 slices of bread and place one slice on top of other and slightly roll it with a rolling pin.
2. Then cut it in round shape using a round cutter or round shaped lid and press well the edges of the bread.
3. Dip it in the beaten egg and then cover it with breadcrumbs. Repeat the same with the remaining slices of bread.
4. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry them at medium flame till golden brown on both sides. Remove from the flame and drain them on a paper towel.
5. Then cut each fried bread into half and open it like a pocket.
6. Fill the pocket with the prepared chicken filling and serve immediately..
- You can use any filling of your choice..
- Once the bread pocket is filled with the filling , serve it immediately or else the bread pockets will get soggy.
Have been wanting to make these since long… looks like a nice treat…
The snack looks awesome.. perfect for party.
U have made it so well..so neat and looks so yum… I am going to try it very soon