10 slices of bread
250 gm boneless chicken pieces
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1 onion, finely chopped
1 small capsicum, finely chopped
1 green chilly, chopped
1 tsp chilli sauce
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1/2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp cornflour
2 eggs, beaten
bread crumbs as required
salt to taste
For Chicken Filling:
- Cook the chicken with turmeric powder, pepper powder and salt adding little water. Shred it or finely chop it and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan and add the chopped onion and little salt and saute well till light brown.
- Add chopped green chilli and chilli sauce and saute well.
- Add chopped capsicum, tomato sauce and soy sauce and mix well.
- Then add the shredded chicken pieces and mix well.
- In a bowl, mix 1 tsp cornflour in 2-3 tbsp chicken stock/ water. Add this to the filling and mix well for 1-2 minutes till it is well mixed with the chicken. Switch off the flame.
- Take 2 slices of bread and place one slice on top of other and slightly roll it with a rolling pin.
- You can use any filling of your choice..
- Once the bread pocket is filled with the filling , serve it immediately or else the bread pockets will get soggy.