1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp instant dry yeast
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp egg, beaten
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup milk
1 tbsp butter
100 gm mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
2 tbsp chilly flakes
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tsp mixed Italian spices
- In a large bowl, add the all purpose flour, yeast, sugar and salt and mix well using hands.
- Heat the water and milk together and bring it to lukewarm. Pour this milk into the flour mixture and knead well until well combined.
- Add the beaten egg to this and knead well. If the dough is sticky, add a little flour at a time and knead until the dough does not stick to the bowl.
- Then add butter and continue kneading for 12-15 minutes. Bring the dough together as a ball.
- Oil a bowl and coat the dough all over with oil in the bowl and keep covered using a damp cloth in a warm place for about 45 minutes to 1 hour. This will be the first proving.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree celcius. Line up a baking tray with butter paper or silicon mat and brush some oil on top of it.
- In a small bowl. mix the olive oil and the mixed spices with a pinch of salt and keep it aside.
- The dough will be doubled in volume after first proving. Punch the dough and release the air and knead it lightly.
- Take a lemon sized ball of the dough, flatten it gently using your fingers.
- Place a cube of cheese on top of the flattened dough and add a pinch of chilly flakes.
- Bring all the sides of the dough to the top and pinch it well to secure it firmly. Turn it upside down and roll it gently to even out the shape.
- Then place the finished ball in the prepared baking tray and repeat the steps to the remaining dough.
- Place all the balls with about 2-3 inches of space apart and cover it with a damp cloth and leave it to rest in a warm place for 15 minutes. Do not let for long. This is second proving.
- Brush with some egg/ milk wash on top and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Take it out after 10 minutes of baking and brush the spiced oil all over the top and then continue baking for the last 5 minutes.
- Let cool on wire rack until warm and soft and then serve….
- Eggless substitute – Add 1 tbsp of milk powder along with the flour and increase the quantity of milk by 1 tbsp.
Recipe Source: Fondbites Bake Along...
Yummy and cheesy bombs.. love the name you have given to this snack