1/2 kg chicken
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 1/2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
2 tbsp thick yogurt, less sour
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
2 cinnamon piece
3 bay leaves
10 cashew nuts
21 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
5 tsp oil
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan and add the cleaned chicken pieces and sprinkle little salt and roast the chicken till slightly brown on outside. Remove the chicken along with its any cooked juices and keep it aside.
- Heat 3 tsp oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and bay leaves and fry well.
- Add the finely chopped onion and a pinch of salt and cook till soft.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Add the chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala and saute for a minute.
- Then add 1 1/2 cup of water and allow to simmer the gravy till the oil separates on top.
- Add the browned chicken along with its juices and mix well and cook covered till the chicken is cooked well.
- Now open the lid and allow the water to slightly evaporate and cook for 2 minutes.
- Then add the yoghurt, mix well and switch off the flame.
- In a pan, slightly roast the cashew nuts and chop them into pieces. Sprinkle chopped cashew nuts and coriander leaves over the curry and serve hot….
- You can also add a tbsp of cream or cashew nut paste to make it more rich…
Recipe adapted from here..
Love the color, yummy chicken curry