200 gm yam/ chena
3/4-1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
salt to taste
1 sprig curry leaves
oil for frying
- Peel off the outer skin of yam, wash it properly and then cut it into thin round slices..
- In a bowl, add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
- Mix the yam slices with this mixture and keep it aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan and fry the curry leaves and keep it aside.
- Then add the marinated yam slices and fry them in batches on medium flame, stirring occasionally until crispy and golden brown on both sides for about 5-7 minutes.
- Drain them on a paper towel and let it cool.
- Garnish them with fried curry leaves…Store in an air tight container..