250 gm mushrooms
1 capsicum, cubed
1 tbsp ginger, crushed
1 tbsp garlic, crushed
1 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 medium tomatoes
3 tbsp fresh cream
1/4 tsp kasuri methi
2-3 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
salt to taste
oil as required
For Masala Powder:
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp black pepper corns
3 dry red chillies
- Cut the mushrooms into slices. Blend the tomatoes to a smooth puree and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and dry roast cardamoms, cinnamon, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, black pepper corns and dry red chillies at low-medium flame. Allow it to cool and then grind it to semi fine powder. (kadai masala powder)..
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add cubed capsicum and saute for 1-2 minutes. Add 1 medium cubed onion and saute for 2 minutes adding little salt. Remove it from the pan and keep it aside.
- Add the sliced mushrooms with little salt into the same pan and saute well on medium flame till it gets browned on the edges and all the water dries up. Keep it aside.
- To prepare the kadai masala, heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add crushed ginger, garlic, 1 big chopped onion and little salt and saute till onion turns soft and light brown.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and 1 tbsp prepared kadai masala powder (step 2) and mix well.
- Add tomato puree to this , mix well and let it cook well. When it boils well, reduce the flame to low-medium and saute till the gravy becomes thick.
- Adjust the salt and add chopped coriander leaves and mix well and cook till oil separates.
- Add fresh cream to this and mix well and boil for a minute. Then add 1 tsp of prepared kadai masala powder and kasuri methi and mix well.
- Then add the roasted capsicum, onion and mushrooms to this and mix well till the masala is well coated. Cook it for 2-3 minutes and switch off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot…