4 onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 green chilli, finely chopped (optional)
1 sprig curry leaves
1/4 tsp baking powder
salt to taste
oil for frying
- In a bowl, add the sliced onions and salt and mix well with your hand. Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Then add curry leaves, green chilli, chilli powder and baking powder to this and mix well.
- Add plain flour little by little and mix well with your hand. ( No need to add any additional water, the moisture in the onions will helps for making the batter).
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Make small balls out of this mixture and carefully drop in the hot oil.
- Fry them in batches until it turns golden colour on medium flame.
- Remove from the oil and drain them on a paper towel….Serve with tea or coffee….