300 gm boneless chicken
1 onion, finely chopped
2-3 green chillies, chopped
2 tsp crushed ginger-garlic
2 tsp pepper powder
1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
1/2 cup plain flour/ all purpose flour
1 tbsp gram flour/ kadalamavu
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 tsp baking powder
salt to taste
- Clean the chicken and grind it in a food processor and keep it aside.
- Boil the potato, peel and mash it well and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and cook the ground chicken with 1 tsp pepper powder and salt , till no water content remains in the pan. Remove it from the flame.
- In a bowl, add the mashed potato, cooked chicken, chopped onion, green chillies, crushed ginger-garlic, coriander leaves, 1 tsp pepper powder and little salt and mix well together.
- Add plain flour, gram flour, bread crumbs, baking powder and egg to this and knead well to a soft dough.
- Make about 16-18 balls out of the prepared dough. Place 1 ball on the palm and press lightly to flatten it and make a hole in the center with your finger. (donut shape). Repeat the same with all the remaining balls.
- Heat oil in a deep pan over medium low flame and fry it in batches till cooked and golden brown turning the sides occasionally.
- Remove from the oil and drain on paper towel and serve hot with tomato sauce …