1/2 kg chicken, cut into pieces
1 1/2 cup koorka/ chinese potato, cleaned
2 onions, thinly sliced
1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
4 green chillies, slit
5-6 garlic cloves, crushed
2 sprig curry leaves
1 1/2-2 tsp chilli powder
3/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp pepper powder
1 tsp garam masala
2 tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
- Clean the koorka/ chinese potatoes and cut it into pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute finely chopped ginger, green chillies and curry leaves.
- Add sliced onions and crushed garlic and saute well.
- Then add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, pepper powder and garam masala and mix well till the raw smell disappears.
- Add chopped tomatoes to this and saute till it turns soft.
- Now add in the cleaned chicken pieces, salt and 1/2 cup of water and cook it covered.
- When the chicken is half cooked, add the cleaned koorka pieces and mix well and cook covered on medium flame till done.
- When the gravy thickens, switch off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves…Serve hot…
- I used frozen koorka for this recipe…