125 gm broccoli, chopped
1 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
1 big onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp plain flour, heaped
1- 1 1/2 tsp crushed pepper
500 ml milk
3/4-1 cup water
salt to taste
2 1/2 tbsp butter
- Heat 3/4-1 tbsp butter in a thick bottomed pan and add chopped garlic and saute.
- Add chopped onion and saute well till it turns soft.
- Add chopped broccoli and saute well. Add 1/2 cup of milk and 3/4 cup of water to this and allow to cook adding little salt.
- Switch off the flame and allow it to cool and then using a blender, puree/ blend until smooth.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp butter in another thick pan and add plain flour and saute till the raw smell disappears on low flame.
- Add remaining milk and crushed pepper to this and mix well.
- Then add broccoli puree, mix well and allow to boil for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Adjust salt and pepper powder and switch off the flame.
- Transfer into soup bowls and serve hot….
- Adjust the consistency of soup by adding milk/ water….
love broccoli soup..looks yummy!
Love these kind of soups… always delicious…
love broccoli soup …. it looks so perfectly made…so comforting and delicious