15 large prawns / shrimp, cleaned with tails intact
kunafa dough as required
1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp lemon juice
salt to taste
oil for frying
- In a bowl, add the cleaned prawns, chilli powder, turmeric powder, cornflour, soy sauce, lemon juice, egg and salt and mix well. Keep it in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Take the kunafa dough and cut into slices, according to the number of prawns taken. Then wrap each prawn with kunafa until they are fully covered with keeping the tail unwrapping.
- Apply little water on hand and press it tight to stick the kunafa on prawns. Cover and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the prawns till golden colour and crispy on low-medium flame.
- Remove it from the oil and drain them on a paper towel. Serve kunafa prawns with sweet chilli sauce…