1/2 kg squid/ koonthal
1 big onion, chopped
3 big tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
2 green chillies, chopped
2 sprig curry leaves
2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp pepper powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
- Clean the squid and cut into small pieces and then pressure cook it along with pepper powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste and salt for 1 whistle.
- Heat oil in another pan and add chopped onion and saute well until golden in colour.
- Add 1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste, green chillies and curry leaves and saute until the raw smell disappears.
- Reduce the flame to low and add kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and garam masala and mix well until dark in colour.
- Add chopped tomatoes into this and saute until tomatoes are soft and mashed well.
- Then add the cooked squid, mix well and cook until the gravy thickens and masala is well coated with squid.
- Remove from the flame and serve hot…