5-6 medium ladyfish/ nongal, cleaned
1 1/2 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder ( add more or less to your spice level)
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
salt to taste
3 tbsp rice flour
oil for frying
- Clean the fish and make slits on both sides of the fish.
- In a bowl, mix together chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt adding little water and make a smooth paste.
- Marinate the fish with this prepared paste on all sides and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Dip/ roll the marinated fish in rice flour to coat it on either side with a layer of rice flour.
- Then fry the fish in oil on medium flame till both sides are done. Serve with rice…