1/2 kg beef, cut into pieces
1 big onion, sliced
1 tomato, chopped
3 green chillies, chopped
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 1/2-3 tsp chilli powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 1/2 cup vellarikka/ yellow cucumber
3/4-1 cup grated coconut
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
- Cut the beef into small pieces, clean it and keep it aside.
- Peel and chop vellarikka into cubes
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add sliced onion and saute till transparent.
- Add green chillies, ginger paste and garlic paste and saute well.
- Add chopped tomato and saute well till soft.
- Add coriander powder, chilli powder and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and saute for a minute.
- Add cleaned beef pieces, salt and garam masala and mix well. Then pressure cook it adding enough water ( about 1 cup of water) till done.
- In the mean time, pressure cook vellarikka pieces adding 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and salt for 2 whistles.
- Add in the cooked vellarikka into the beef curry and mix well.
- Then add grated coconut, crushed garlic and curry leaves , mix well and boil at medium flame for about 10 minutes.
- Adjust the salt and switch off the flame…Serve hot with pathiri, ghee rice etc….