2 1/2 cups self raising flour
200 gm unsalted butter, softened
1 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup desiccated coconut
For Chocolate Icing:
2 1/2 cup icing sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2-3 tbsp milk ( or add more if required)
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius. Line two 12- hole muffin pans with paper cases.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugar and beat using an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla essence and beat until combined.
- Stir in half the flour and then stir in half the milk. Repeat with remaining flour and milk until combined.
- Add about 2 tbsp of batter into the prepared muffin pans and bake for 15-17 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make chocolate icing: Combine icing sugar and cocoa in a bowl. Stir in milk to form a spreadable icing, adding more milk if required.
- Then spread chocolate icing over cooled cupcakes.
- Sprinkle the cupcakes with desiccated coconut and allow to set at room temperature and then serve…