1 cup plain flour
1/4 cup unsalted butter, diced into small pieces
1 tbsp sugar
1 cup water
1/4 tsp salt
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
oil for frying
For Cinnamon-Sugar Coating:
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Combine together 1/2 cup sugar and ground cinnamon in a shallow bowl/ plate and keep it aside.
- In a large sauce pan, add 1 cup water, butter, 1 tbsp sugar and salt and bring to boil over medium flame.
- Reduce the flame and add plain flour, stirring continuously using a rubber spatula until mixture comes together and smooth. Allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla essence and egg to this mixture and blend immediately using an electric mixture until smooth and it comes together.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Transfer the dough into a piping bag fitted with a rounded star tip and carefully pipe mixture into the hot oil, cutting end with scissors.
- Fry them for about 2-3 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Transfer into paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Then roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat well.
- Repeat the process with remaining dough. Serve with chocolate sauce / dip….