3 squids, cleaned
2 tbsp plain flour
2 tbsp cornflour
1 egg, beaten
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1 onion, sliced
1 capsicum, cut into strips
3 garlic, chopped
3 tbsp cashew nuts
2- 2 1/2 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tsp + 1/2 tsp soy sauce
salt to taste
1 tbsp spring onion, chopped
oil, as required
- Clean and cut the squids into rounds.
- In a bowl, add plain flour, cornflour, soy sauce, pepper powder, beaten egg and salt and make a thick batter adding 2 tbsp of water.
- Marinate the cleaned squid in this batter and keep it covered in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the marinated squid in batches till crispy ( take care while frying, it will splatter). Keep it aside.
- Keep 1 1/2 tbsp oil in the same pan and add chopped garlic and cashew nuts and fry.
- Reduce the flame and add red chilli flakes and saute.
- Add chopped onion and capsicum and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and mix well. Add 1/2 tsp soy sauce and mix well.
- Add fried squid and mix well for 2 minutes till sauce is well coated with squid. Transfer into a plate and garnish with chopped sprig onions and serve hot…