1 bitter gourd/ pavakka/ kaipakka
1 cup grated coconut
3 green chillies
1- 1 1/2 cup yoghurt
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
oil, as required
- Cut bitter gourd into thin round slices.
- Grind together grated coconut and green chillies to a smooth paste adding 1/2 cup of water and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add yogurt and beat well using a whisk.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the sliced bitter gourd till crispy and golden brown at medium flame.
- Transfer to a plate and add turmeric powder and mix well.
- In a mixing bowl, add the fried bitter gourd, coconut paste, yogurt and salt and mix well. Add sugar to this and mix well.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Pour this seasoning to the kichadi and mix well. Serve with rice…