1 cup broccoli, cut into florets
1 1/2 rice flour / puttu podi
1/4 tsp + 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp ginger, grated
salt to taste
1/2 cup grated coconut (or as required)
- In a sauce pan, boil water with little salt and 1/4 tsp turmeric powder. Switch off the flame and add broccoli florets to this hot water and keep for 15 minutes. Then wash and chop them into very fine pieces.
- Transfer to a bowl and add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, chilli powder, ginger and salt and mix well. Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the rice flour with little salt and add water little by little to the rice flour till it becomes wet/ moist and mix thoroughly without any lumps. Keep it aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Then add broccoli mixture to the rice flour and mix well.
- Take a puttu maker and layer it with 1 tbsp grated coconut first, then the broccoli- rice flour mixture and then a layer of grated coconut. Repeat the process till the puttu maker is filled.
- Fill pressure cooker/ puttu kudam with 3-4 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Place the puttu maker on top of it and steam cook for 5-7 minutes or until the steam starts coming out from the top of puttu maker.
- Remove it to a plate and serve hot with any curry of your choice….