1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup broccoli florets
1 1/2 tbsp plain flour
1 cup milk
2 cups vegetable stock/chicken stock
50 gms butter
- Boil some water with salt in a pan. Add the broccoli florets into this and keep closed for a minute. Switch off and let it rest for about 3 minutes until cooked. Drain and keep aside.
- In a separate pan, heat 25 gms of butter. Add sliced mushrooms and saute well for few minutes. Then add cooked broccoli. Saute for few minutes and remove from pan.
- Add remaining 25 gms of butter into the pan, add plain flour and saute until light brown.
- Add a pinch of salt and then pour in milk and stock. Boil and stir well continuously to avoid lumps.
- Add the sauteed mushrooms and broccoli and boil for about 2 minutes. Serve hot with pepper powder.
Recipe Source: Asianet Cookery Show