1 kg chicken,cut into small pieces
3 onion, finely chopped
tomato puree (of 3 big tomatoes)
1 inch piece ginger
10-12 garlic cloves
2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp pepper powder
2 pieces of 1″ cinnamon sticks
1 pinch cumin seeds
6 cashew nuts (grind to a paste adding little milk)
2 tbsp coriander leaves
4 tbsp butter
- Grind ginger, garlic, kashmiri chilli powder, turmeric powder,pepper powder, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and cumin seeds to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onions and saute till light brown.
- Add ground masala and salt and fry well until oil starts to separate. Then add 2 tbsp butter and tomato puree and mix well.
- When the gravy thickens, add chicken pieces and cook in medium heat. (Add hot water if needed)
- Add 2 tbsp butter, cashew paste and coriander leaves and simmer for 1 or 2 minutes. Serve hot with chapati / naan etc..
Recipe Source: Vanitha Magazine