1/2 cup semolina/ thari/ rava
4 cups milk
3/4 cup sugar (add more or less to your taste)
a pinch of cardamom powder
a pinch of salt
1 tbsp ghee
2 shallots, sliced
1 tbsp cashew nuts
1 tbsp raisins
- In a sauce pan, add milk and boil it in a medium flame.
- Add sugar, salt and cardamom powder and stir well.
- Add the semolina to it slowly, stirring continuously without forming any lumps and bring to boil. Switch off the flame when semolina is cooked well and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a small pan and add the sliced shallots and cashew nuts and fry till brown. Add raisins and fry it till puff up.
- Switch off and pour this over the prepared thari kanji (step 3) and mix well. Serve hot..
Sending to Ramadan Friendly Recipes hosted by The Halal Foodie