3 cups rice flour
250 gm prawns/ chemmeen
1 tbsp chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
3 onions, finely chopped
3 green chillies, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small piece ginger, chopped
1 sprig curry leaves, chopped
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
2 cups grated coconut
hot water (3 cups)
- Clean the prawns and marinate it with chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onion, green chillies, ginger, garlic ,curry leaves and coriander leaves and saute well.
- Add marinated prawns and salt and cook it until done and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add rice flour and salt. Add about 3 cups of hot water and knead well to a smooth dough.
6. Repeat the same process with the remaining dough and prawn masala.