Recipe Source: Fauzia’s Kitchen Fun
For the dough:
2 cups plain flour
1/2 tbsp instant yeast
1 tbsp powdered milk
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp castor/ powdered sugar
For the filling:
1 cup chicken, cooked
1 big onion, sliced
1 tsp ginger paste
2 green chillies
1/4 tsp garam masala
a pinch of turmeric powder
1 sprig curry leaves, chopped
Sesame seeds to sprinkle
- First prepare the chicken filling – Cook chicken adding little pepper powder and salt. Shred it and keep it aside.
- Heat little oil in a pan, add onion and saute till soft. Add ginger,
green chillies, curry leaves, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt
and saute well.
- Add shredded chicken into this and mix well. Keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add plain flour, yeast, powdered milk, powdered sugar, salt, oil and 1 egg, mix well and knead to a medium soft dough adding slightly warm water. Leave it to rise for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal balls and roll out each ball to about 4″ diameter disc.
- Make 4 diagonal slits and add the filling in the centre.
7. Take one portion and cover the side of the filling with it.
8.Take the opposite portion and cover the other side of the filling with it.
9. Bring the third portion around the previous layer and the last portion around. Pinch the
dough on the sides to seal it.
10. Place the prepared rolls on a greased tray. Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius. Brush each prepared rose with little milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
11. Bake for about 15-20minutes or until tops are golden…and Serve…
- Can use any sweet or savoury filling of your choice…
Sending to Ramadan Friendly Recipes @ The Halal Foodie
Eid Potluck Party @ My Culinary Adventures