1 cup rice flour (pathiri podi)
1/4 cup grated coconut
1/4-1/2 tsp fennel seeds
salt to taste
- Crush grated coconut, shallots and fennel seeds together and keep it aside.
- In a saucepan, boil 1 cup of water adding salt.
- Add the rice flour and combine well using a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a wide bowl or plate. Add crushed mixture and knead well when it is still warm to a smooth dough.
- Roll the prepared dough into a thick big pathiri. Cut out many small round pathiris from this using a lid or glass or any other round shape.
6. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry these small pathiris till it turns slight brown colour on both sides.
7. Serve hot with chicken curry or any other spicy curry…