500 gm chicken, cut into small pieces
2 cup basmati rice
4 cup water
1 big onion, chopped
2 tomato, chopped
1 cup coriander leaves
3/4 cup mint leaves
6-8 garlic cloves
1/2 tbsp ginger
4 green chillies
2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp garam masala
2 tbsp ghee
- Wash the rice, drain it and keep it aside. Grind coriander leaves, mint leaves, garlic, ginger and green chillies together to a paste without adding water.
- Heat ghee in a thick bottomed pan, add cloves, cardamoms, cinnamons and onion and saute well.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute well till soft. Then add ground paste and stir well.
- Add cleaned chicken pieces, coriander powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add drained rice, garam masala, lime juice, water and salt and mix well.
- Cover and cook on medium flame till it is done. Switch off and let it stand covered for 5 minutes. Serve with raita……….