1/2 kg fleshy fish, cut into small pieces
1 tbsp + 1/2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 cup basmati rice
3 medium onions, chopped
1 1/2 tbsp ginger, chopped
1 1/2 tbsp garlic, chopped
2 medium banana pepper/ thondan mulaku, chopped
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 -1/2 tsp pepper powder
1/4 cup coriander leaves
1/4 cup mint leaves
1/4 cup oil
- Marinate fish pieces with 1 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, salt and 1 tsp lemon juice for 30 minutes.
- In a large pan, boil water adding enough salt. Add rice and cook till done. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the marinated fish pieces on both sides. Make them into small pieces and keep it aside.
- In the same pan used for frying fish, add chopped onions and saute till transparent.
- Add chopped garlic, ginger and banana pepper/thondan mulaku and saute well.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder, 1/4 tsp pepper powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp garam masala and saute well.
- Then add chopped mint leaves and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Add fried fish pieces and mix well.
- Add cooked rice little by little and mix well. Adjust salt and add 1 tbsp lemon juice, few chopped coriander leaves and mix well for 2-3 minutes. Remove from flame and serve hot..