3/4 kg squid, cleaned and chopped
4 onions, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp ginger, crushed
2 tbsp garlic, crushed
3 green chillies, chopped
1- 1 1/2 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 cup sliced coconut ( thenga kothu)
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
2-3 dry red chillies
few curry leaves
- In a pressure cooker, add cleaned squid pieces, chopped onions, green chillies, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, pepper powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, sliced coconut pieces, garam masala and salt and mix well using hand.
- Add 1/4 cup water and cook covered till 3-4 whistles.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add cooked squid, mix well and cook for few minutes till the gravy thickens.
- Garnish with curry leaves and serve hot…….