2 cups basmati rice
1 cup fresh green peas
50 gms fenugreek leaves
1 onion, chopped
1 green chilly, chopped
1/2 ” piece ginger, chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 pepper corns
1 cup thick coconut milk
3 cups of water
2 tbsp oil
- Wash the rice, drain it and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a thick pan and saute ginger, pepper corns and cloves.
- Add chopped onion and saute well. Then add green peas and fenugreek leaves and saute well for few minutes till soft.
- Add green chilly, turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
- Now add drained rice and fry for a minute.
- Add coconut milk and water and stir well. When it starts to boil, reduce the flame and cook covered till done. Remove from flame and serve hot …………
Linking this to Back 2 School Event
wow lovely green pulao 🙂 super healthy and looks super delicious dear 🙂
loved the mild colour of the rice..rgds..
latest post – spagetti puliyodharai
wow yummy look…very tempting
My son luvs green…always wants spinach or methi to b added to pasta or chicken..bt never tried a pulao… Wud luv to have this linked to my event
Ongoing Event-Back 2 School
looks delicious !
So presentable pulao. Wanna have a bowl right away
Yummy looking rice..
Yum, this looks so nutritious! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!
Thank you all for your comments…
If you are planning to green then this idea is specially prepared for you.