1/2 kg sardines/ mathi
2 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
3 dry red chillies
1/2 cup shallots, sliced
1 tbsp green chillies, chopped
6 garlic cloves
2 sprig curry leaves
3 kudampuli pieces/ gambooge/fish tamarind
2 tbsp coconut oil
- Clean and cut sardines into pieces and keep it aside.
- Soak kudampuli in 1/2 cup water.
- Crush grated coconut, turmeric powder, dry red chillies, sliced shallots, garlic cloves, green chillies and curry leaves.
- Transfer the crushed mixture into a manchatti or pan and mix well (using hand).
- Then add cleaned sardines, soaked kudampuli with its water, salt and little water and mix well.
- Cover and cook in medium heat for few minutes. When it boils, remove the lid and mix it well. Then add coconut oil and few curry leaves.
- Then cook it uncovered till all the water dries up and fish is well coated with the coconut mixture. Remove from flame and serve hot…