1 cup basmati rice
1 medium zucchini / courgette, chopped into small cubes
1/2 cup grated coconut
1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
1 medium onion, sliced
1 tsp crushed pepper
1/4 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp ginger, finely chopped
few curry leaves
1 tsp urad dal
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 dry red chiily
3 tbsp oil
- Wash and cook the rice adding water and salt and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal and dry red chilly.
- When it splutters, add sliced onion and saute till transparent.
- Add curry leaves and finely chopped ginger and saute for a minute.
- Add crushed pepper, garam masala, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add chopped zucchini and salt and cook covered for 6-8 minutes.
- When cooked, add chopped coriander leaves and grated coconut and mix well.
- Then add 2 cups cooked rice, mix well and keep it in the low flame covered for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from flame and serve hot with raita and pappadum…