Fried Rotis stuffed with meat masala….
1 1/2 cup plain flour/ maida
1/2 cup wheat flour/ atta
lukewarm water, as requied
250 gm meat (chicken/beef/mutton)
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1″ ginger, chopped
10-12 garlic cloves, chopped
3 onions, finely chopped
4 green chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
a pinch garam masala
salt to taste
1 1/2-2 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- Clean and cut meat into small boneless pieces and cook it with chilli powder, turmeric powder, 1/2″ ginger chopped, 6 chopped garlic cloves and salt adding enough water.
- Allow it to cool and then shred it and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onion and saute well until it turns soft.
- Add 1/2″ chopped ginger, 6 chopped garlic cloves, green chillies and curry leaves and saute well.
- Add garam masala and shredded meat. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame. Keep it aside.
- In a bowl, combine plain flour, wheat flour, 1 tbsp oil and salt.
- Add lukewarm water , mix well and knead to form a soft and smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into equal sized small balls and roll each to the size of a medium poori.
- Take one pathiri/ roti and place 1 1/2 tbsp prepared meat filling in the centre, leaving about 1/4″ edges.
- Place another pathiri/ roti over this and gently press together the edges. Seal the edges using your fingers or with a fork. Repeat the same with all the pathiris.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the prepared pathiris until golden brown on both sides.
- In a bowl, prepare the egg mixture with eggs, sugar and cardamom powder.
- Dip the fried erachi pathiri’s in this egg mixture and shallow fry using little oil in a non stick pan on both sides, so that the egg gets cooked on both sides. Serve hot….