2 cups rice flour
250 gm jaggery
grated coconut of 1 coconut ( about 2 cups)
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- Boil 2 cups of water with salt in a saucepan.
- In a bowl, add rice flour and the boiled water and mix well using a wooden spoon.
- Then knead it well to a smooth and soft dough by using your hand, while it is still warm. Keep it aside.
- Melt jaggery adding little water in a pan and strain it.
- Heat a pan and add melted jaggery, grated coconut and cardamom powder and stir well till dry. Remove it from flame.
- Make lemon sized balls out of the prepared dough and roll / flatten it into small circles.
- Place 1 tbsp of coconut- jaggery filling on it, fold it into half and seal the edges.
- Repeat the same with remaining dough and coconut-jaggery filling.
- Place them in a steamer and steam cook for 12-15 minutes…Remove from flame and serve…