1/2 kg chicken
3/4 cup grated coconut
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
3 green chillies, chopped
6 shallots, chopped
1/4 tsp fennel seeds
2 sprig curry leves
- Clean chicken pieces and cook it with coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste, green chillies and salt adding enough water.
- Heat little oil in a pan and roast/ fry grated coconut, 2 shallots, fennel seeds and 1 sprig curry leaves till brown.
- Then grind it to a smooth paste adding little water.
- Add the ground paste to the cooked chicken and boil well. Adjust water and check for salt…
- Heat little oil in a pan and add finely chopped remaining shallots and curry leaves and fry well.
- Add this to the prepared chicken curry and mix well…Serve with pathiri, ghee rice, neer dosa etc…
always the best… love the color…
lovely chicken curry…visit my page too
Kozhi curry looks superb, I think we call it varutharacha kozhi curry.
Thanks Rafeeda, Amrita and Meena 🙂
yummy curry !