3 ripe bananas/ plantains/ nendrapazham
1 cup grated coconut
4-5 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1/2 cup maida/ plain flour
1 tsp ghee
1 cup bread crumbs
- Steam cook the ripe bananas and mash well or grind it to a paste.
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan and fry the grated coconut till light brown.
- Add sugar and mix well. Remove it from flame and allow to cool.
- Prepare a thin batter adding plain flour and enough water (about 3/4 cup) in a bowl and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add mashed banana, coconut mixture and cardamom powder and mix well with your hand.
- Make small balls from this banana mix and flatten them into desired shapes.
- Dip the prepared cutlets in batter and roll them in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the cutlets until golden on both sides… Serve with tea or coffee…