3 ripe bananas/ plantains/ nendrapazham
1 cup grated coconut
4-5 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1/2 cup maida/ plain flour
1 tsp ghee
1 cup bread crumbs
- Steam cook the ripe bananas and mash well or grind it to a paste.
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan and fry the grated coconut till light brown.
- Add sugar and mix well. Remove it from flame and allow to cool.
- Prepare a thin batter adding plain flour and enough water (about 3/4 cup) in a bowl and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add mashed banana, coconut mixture and cardamom powder and mix well with your hand.
- Make small balls from this banana mix and flatten them into desired shapes.
- Dip the prepared cutlets in batter and roll them in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the cutlets until golden on both sides… Serve with tea or coffee…
that's great idea of making sweet cutlet…
yummy cutlet with banana…new to me and thanks for sharing…
yummy ones,I too made these few days back..got in my drafts,will post soon 🙂