1/2 cup kaima / jeerakashala / basmati rice
1 cup grated coconut
1/4 – 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
a pinch turmeric powder
- Clean rice and cook it in a pressure cooker adding enough water ( about 3-4 cups of water) till rice is very soft.
- Grind grated coconut, shallots, cumin seeds, turmeric powder and salt adding about 3/4 cup of water.
- Pour this ground mixture to the cooked rice and mix well .
- Check for salt and if the kanji is too thick, add little more water and bring to boil in medium flame. Remove from flame and serve……
- Optional :- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan and fry 2 shallots sliced till golden and pour over the prepared kanji…