1 1/2 cup raw rice/ pachari
1 big karikku/ tender coconut
10 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp baking soda
- Soak raw rice in water for 3-4 hours.
- Grind the rice with flesh/ pieces of karikku, 1/2 cup karikku/ tender coconut water and sugar to a smooth paste.
- Then add baking soda and mix well.
- Heat an unniyappam pan and pour oil till half. When oil becomes hot, reduce the flame and pour 3/4 tbsp of the batter in each hole.
- Cook the unniyappams on medium flame till it turns golden brown on both sides….Remove it from flame and serve as a snack…
Recipe Source: Magic Oven