For Bread Fritters:
4 bread slices
5 tbsp plain flour/ maida
1 tbsp rice flour
1 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp cumin powder
2 pinch fennel powder
salt to taste
3/4- 1 cup water
oil for frying
1 cup grated coconut
8- 10 dried round red chillies
1 garlic clove
1/2- 3/4 cup yoghurt
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
- In a bowl, add plain flour, rice flour, chilli powder, cumin powder, fennel powder and salt and prepare a batter adding enough water.
- Remove the crust of the bread slices and cut it into desired shapes.
- Dip the bread pieces in the batter and deep fry it in the oil and keep it aside.
- To prepare chutney, grind grated coconut with 6 dried round red chillies, garlic clove, yoghurt and salt.
- Heat little oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add remaining red chillies and curry leaves.
- Pour the ground coconut mixture and heat it. When it starts to boil, remove from flame.
- Serve the bread fritters with chutney and enjoy….
Recipe Source: Bennu’s Cookomania
Love the shape of the fritters. They look like flowers floating in pond.
interesting flowers,yumm snack!
Thank you friends for your comments …