1 cup all purpose flour/ plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
1 cup buttermilk
3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 cup fresh or unthawed frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, whisk together plain flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, buttermilk and melted butter.
- Make a small well in the centre of the dry ingredients and then pour in the egg mixture and stir with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon just until combined. Do not over mix the batter.
- Heat a frying pan or griddle over medium high heat and lightly brush the pan with melted butter or oil or cooking spray.
- Using a small ladle or scoop, pour about 1/4 cup pancake batter onto the hot pan and evenly sprinkle the uncooked top of the pancake with fresh or unthawed frozen blueberries.
- When the bottom of the pancake is golden brown and bubbles starts to appear on the uncooked top surface of the pancake (2-3 minutes), turn over. Cook until golden brown for about 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter, brushing the pan with melted butter or oil.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup or honey….