1/2 cup basmati rice
1 litre milk
1/4 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup sugar ( add more or less to your taste)
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
few drops rose water (optional)
4 tbsp pistachios, chopped
- Wash and soak basmati rice in water for about 2- 3 hours. Drain the water and dry the rice on a cloth for about half an hour and then powder it in a grinder and keep it aside.
- In a deep pan, boil the milk. Add the powdered rice and cardamom powder and stir continuously on low flame without forming lumps till the rice powder gets cooked.
- Add condensed milk, sugar and rose water , mix well and cook till done stirring continuously.
- Add 2 tbsp chopped pistachios and mix well.
- Pour it in individual bowls or cups and cool in the refrigerator to set for about 2-3 hours.
- Garnish with remaining chopped pistachios and serve…
Recipe from here