1/2 kg taro / chembu / colocasia
salt water (1-2 tsp salt in 1/4 cup of water)
oil for frying
- Peel off the outer skin of taro roots and wash properly.
- Cut the taro into thin round slices..
- Heat oil in a deep pan on medium heat and fry the sliced taro.
- When the chips are almost done, reduce the heat and sprinkle little salt water into the oil carefully.
- Then fry for another 1-2 minutes until it becomes light brown and crispy.
- Drain them on a paper towel and let it cool.
- Repeat the same process with rest of the sliced taro…Store in an air tight container…