1/2 kg kingfish / ayakoora
3 medium onions, finely chopped
4-6 green chillies, chopped
2 tbsp ginger,finely chopped
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 large potatoes
1 tsp garam masala
1/4 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
1 cup plain flour
2 cup bread crumbs
salt to taste
water as required
- Cook the potatoes until they are soft, peel and mash it and keep it aside.
- Clean and cut the fish into pieces and cook it adding turmeric powder and salt. Remove the bones from fish and break it into small pieces and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onions, ginger and green chillies and saute well till transparent.
- Add pepper powder, garam masala, cooked fish pieces , mashed potatoes and coriander leaves and mix well. Check for salt and remove from flame.
- Transfer it to a bowl , mix it well with your hand and make small balls out of this mixture.
- In another bowl, mix plain flour , a pinch of turmeric powder and salt adding enough water to a smooth batter.
- Dip each fish ball in this batter and roll it in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry till golden brown and crispy…Serve it hot…