3/4 kg chicken, cut into pieces
4 medium onions, chopped
2 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
3 big green chillies, slit
1 large tomato, chopped
1 1/2 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 cup thin coconut milk
1 cup thick coconut milk
50 gm cashew nuts
few curry leaves
1 tsp vinegar
1 piece cinnamon
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
- Soak cashew nuts in little water and then grind it to a paste. Mix this with thick coconut milk and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a large pan, add cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms and ginger and saute well.
- Add slit green chillies and curry leaves and saute for a minute.
- Add chopped onions and saute well till transparent.
- Add turmeric powder and kashmiri chilli powder and mix well.
- Then add cleaned chicken pieces and salt and mix well for 5 minutes.
- Add thin coconut milk and vinegar, mix well and cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and cook covered for 6-7 minutes.
- Add the cashew-coconut milk paste to the prepared curry and bring to a boil at medium heat for 5 minutes. Check for salt..
- Add curry leaves and switch off the flame…Serve hot….
Recipe Source: Magic Oven
Anything with coconut milk and I am in! Looks delicious…
chicken curry looks yumm
wow this is different kind of chicken curry recipe . I'll cook it someday!