1/2 cup all purpose flour/plain flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
a pinch of baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup ghee / melted butter ( add little more or less to make a smooth dough)
2 tbsp pistachios, powdered
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius. Grease a cookie sheet with ghee/ butter or line a cookie sheet with baking paper.
- In a bowl, add plain flour, wheat flour and baking powder and mix together.
- Grind sugar and cardamom together to fine powder and add to the flour mixture and combine well.
- Add the ghee little by little to this and make smooth and soft dough.
- Make small balls out of the dough and lightly press with your hand.
- Make cross cuts over these shaped balls with a knife and sprinkle the powdered pistachios over them.
- Place them on the prepared cookie sheet, leaving some space between them.
- Bake it in a preheated oven for 14-18 minutes till the sides of the cookies turn golden.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack and cool it completely…
- Store it in an air tight container…Makes about 16-18 cookies depending on the size..