1/2 kg chicken, cut into pieces
1/2 cup cashew nuts, soaked in little water
1 tbsp pepper corns
1/4 tbsp garlic
1 tbsp coriander powder
3/4 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 cup shallots, chopped
3/4-1 cup thick coconut milk
few curry leaves
salt to taste
2 tsp oil
- Cut and clean the chicken pieces and keep it aside,
- Grind pepper corns, garlic chopped, shallots chopped,coriander powder, cumin seeds and turmeric powder together to a smooth paste adding little water. Keep it aside.
- In a pan, add the cleaned chicken pieces, ground paste, soaked cashew nuts, salt to taste and enough water, mix well and cook covered on medium flame until the chicken is cooked and the gravy thickens.
- Then add the thick coconut milk and mix well. When it starts to boil, switch off the flame and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Heat oil in a small pan and fry 2 tsp shallots finely chopped and curry leaves till light brown and add this to the curry… Serve hot..