2 cups basmati rice
3 cups of water
1/4 tsp saffron
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp rose water
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
salt to taste
2 tbsp ghee
- Wash the basmati rice, drain it and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, mix saffron and rose water in milk and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry the cardamoms, cloves, bay leaf and cumin seeds.
- Then add the water along with saffron milk (step 2) and salt and bring to boil.
- Add the drained rice, mix well and cook covered on low flame until rice is cooked.
- Remove from flame and serve hot with any curry of your choice..
Wow….This I could feel the beautiful aroma of rice with saffron and rose water……. delicious one pot meal….. 🙂
Very fragrant this must have been…