1 cup squid, cut and cleaned
1 onion, chopped
1 tomato chopped
1 tsp ginger, crushed
1 tsp garlic crushed
2 green chillies, chopped
1 1/2-2 tsp kashmiri chilli pwder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
small berry sized tamarind
few curry leaves
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeeds
2 dry red chillies
salt to taste
1 1/2 tbsp oil
- Soak tamarind in little water, extract its juice and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds and add dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onion and green chillies and saute well till transparent.
- Add crushed ginger and garlic and saute for a minute.
- Then add chopped tomato and saute well till soft.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, tamarind extract, salt and required water and allow to boil.
- When it starts to boil, add cleaned squid and cook covered till done.
- Remove it from flame and serve hot…