Musara is a malabar sweet / snack prepared using plain flour, milk and sugar. I got the recipe from the book Malabar Cookery by Thesnim Azeez…
1/2 cup plain flour / maida
2 cup milk
6 tbsp sugar
a pinch of cardamom powder
1 small shallot, sliced
1 tbsp raisins
1 tbsp cashew nuts
1 tbsp ghee
- In a bowl, add plain flour and milk and mix well without any lumps. Keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry cashew nuts and raisins and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add sliced shallot and saute well.
- Add flour-milk mixture, sugar and cardamom powder to this, mix well and cook till it thickens stirring continuously on medium flame. Then add 1 tsp ghee and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and transfer it to a greased plate/ pan and flatten smoothly. Add fried cashew nuts and raisins on top.
- Allow to cool
completely and then cut into desired size pieces and serve…