1 cup soya ( I used tiny soya nuggets)
1 cup basmati rice/ jeerakashala rice / kaima rice
1 big onion, sliced
1/2 tsp garlic paste
1/2 tsp ginger paste
2 green chillies, chopped
1 big tomato, chopped
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2-3 tbsp yoghurt
1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
5-6 mint leaves, chopped
1 chicken stock cube, powdered (optional)
2 small piece cinnamon
2 cups of water
salt to taste
2 tbsp ghee
2-3 tbsp oil
fried onions, chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- Wash the basmati rice and drain it. Keep it aside.
- In a saucepan, boil enough water to soak the soya nuggets. When it starts to boil, switch off the flame and soak the soya in it for 20-30 minutes.
- Then drain the water , rinse with cold water and squeeze out the excess water completely and keep it aside in a bowl.
- Heat ghee in a large pan and add cardamoms, cinnamon and cloves.
- Add 2 cups of water and when it starts to boil, add drained rice and salt and cook covered till done on low flame.
- Heat oil in a pan and add sliced onion and saute till light brown.
- Add ginger paste and garlic paste and mix well for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped green chillies and tomato and saute well till soft.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, chopped coriander leaves, mint leaves, yoghurt, little water and salt and mix well for 2 minutes.
- Add powdered chicken stock cube and soya and mix well and cook covered till the soya is done. Remove from flame…
- Then spread this prepared soya masala over the cooked rice , mix well and flatten with back of ladle and cook covered in low flame for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fried onions and coriander leaves and serve hot….