250 gm ribbon noodles / pasta ( I used fettuccine)
1/2 kg beef
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp crushed garlic
4 tbsp tomato sauce/ ketchup
1/4 tsp mustard powder/ paste
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp vinegar
1 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tsp parsely, fresh or dried
salt to taste
- Cut and clean beef into small pieces.
- Boil water in a deep pan and add noodles and little salt and cook for 8-10 minutes or according to the package instructions.
- Switch off the flame and strain in colander, rinse with cold running water and drain thoroughly. Add a tsp of oil and keep it aside.
- In another pan, add cleaned beef pieces and saute well till all the water dries up.
- Then add 1 tbsp olive oil and finely chopped onion and roast well till the beef turns brown.
- Transfer this to a pressure cooker, add crushed garlic, tomato sauce, mustard paste, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, chilli powder, salt and mix well.
- Add 1/2-3/4 cup water and vinegar and mix well and pressure cook till done.
- Mix maida/ plain flour in 1/2 cup of water and add this to the cooked beef and boil well for 4-5 minutes stirring continuously. Check for salt and switch off the flame.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan and add finely chopped garlic and mix well.
- Add drained noodles and mix well for 1-2 minutes on medium flame. Add parsley leaves and mix well.
- To serve, spread the noodles on a serving plate and pour the saucy beef on top. Garnish with parsley leaves and serve….